Campsite at the Blackwater
The Blackwater Campsite is situated adjacent to the Blackwater Hostel and is ideal for those walking the West Highland Way as it is the first campsite you come to as you walk down into the village. Many of our guests tell us it’s, “The best equipped site along the West Highland Way”. The camping ground is ideally located for those with tired legs as it is right in the centre of the village, and just a few minutes walk to the supermarket, pubs, fish & chip shop and post office. The Ice Factor is right next door to us which also has a good shop with camping supplies.
The campsite itself has 30 camping pitches (maximum of 2 man tents) and following the feedback from many of our guests, we are now taking bookings for camping online via our website. And so for any campers wishing to ensure they have a pitch in advance you can now do so but don’t worry if you have not reserved a spot as you can still check in on the day, as we will always have space. CAMPING IS CHARGED AT £10 PER PERSON PER NIGHT.
Campsite facilities which are all included in the price above:
- FREE WIFI ON SITE
- Use of two drying rooms with commercial dehumidifiers to ensure all your wet gear will be nice and dry for you in the morning
- Communal, covered seating & pot washing area at back of hostel
- Newly renovated shower and toilet block with Ladies & Gents and plenty showers to go around for all (handwash & shower gel is supplied)
- Power points in shower block for charging mobile devices only
- Packed lunches and laundry service available on request which checking in
- Please note that there is NO ACCESS TO THE HOSTEL KITCHEN or DINING ROOM.